- 1 JEE Main 2017
- 2 JEE Main Application Form 2017
- 3 JEE Main 2016 – Important Changes Made
- 4 JEE Main 2017 – Important Points to Keep in Mind
- 5 JEE Main 2017 – Aadhar Card is Compulsory to Fill Application Form
- 6 JEE Main 2017 Important Dates
- 7 JEE Main 2017 Application Form Fee
- 8 JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- 9 JEE Main 2017 – Signature, Photograph and Thumb Impression
- 10 JEE Main 2017 – Details to be filled in Application Form
- 11 How to Fill JEE Main 2017 Application Form
JEE Main 2017
JEE Main 2017 Application Form @jeemain.nic.in Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Fee: CBSE has released JEE Main 2017 Online Application Forms on 1st December 2016. This year also application forms can be filled only through online mode. Students can pay the application form fee online or offline mode through challan for JEE Main 2017 Examination. Students who interested in appearing in JEE Main 2017 are suggested to read the information brochure and submit their application form on official website designed for this purpose i.e. jeemain.nic.in and it should be done before last date. After the completion of application form filling procedure, CBSE will upload the JEE Main 2017 Admit Card on the basis of credentials and facts provided in the application form. Students will find all information related to JEE Main 2017 such as important dates, syllabus, exam pattern, application form fee etc here on this web page.
We suggest students need to follow the instructions provided by Central Board of Secondary Education to fill and submit their JEE Main 2017 Online Application Form. To Fill the application form easily, we suggest students need to go through How to Apply Online for JEE Main 2017 Exam.
JEE Main Application Form 2017
Joint Entrance Examination which is famous as JEE Main is one of the most famous and respected entrance examination conducted in our country. The examination process of JEE is a two stage based. The first one is JEE Mains which is conducted by CBSE and the other one is JEE Advanced which is conducted by an IIT. This examination is conducted to provide admissions to students in Under Graduate courses in various technical institutes of our country. Every year more than 15 lakh students participate in this examination. This year also students were waiting for CBSE to release JEE Main 2017 Application Forms to successfully register for this examination.
Now from 1st December 2016, students will be able to fill JEE Main 2017 Application Forms on the official website. This year, there are some changes made in the JEE Main Examination. Below we have listed some of these important changes which are to be implanted by CBSE this year.
From this year, Aadhar Card will be mandatory to apply for JEE Main 2017 Exam.
JEE Main 2016 – Important Changes Made
- From this year, There will be no weightage for higher secondary marks in the calculation of JEE Main 2017 Ranks.
- For the students to get qualified to get admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs and such other CFTIs, who intake students on the basis of JEE Ranks, they must have to score a minimum of 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in their higher secondary or they will have to be in top 20 percentile of higher secondary exam. For more detailed information – click here
भारत सरकार ने जेईई परीक्षा-2017 के लिए मुख्या परीक्षा में रैंक निर्धारित करने के लिए 12वी कक्षा के अंको को अहमियत नहीं दी जायेगी और रैंक के आधार पर प्रवेश के लिए उम्मीदवार की योग्यता 12वी कक्षा में न्यूनतम 75 प्रतिशत अंक और अनुसूचित जाति / जनजाति के लिए 65 प्रतिशत अंक होना अनिवार्य है |
JEE Main 2017 – Important Points to Keep in Mind
- To apply for JEE Main 2017 Examination, CBSE has made Aadhar Card mandatory.
- From 1st December 2017 (Thursday), JEE Main 2017 Application Forms will be available for students.
- JEE Main Exam is held one time in every year.
- A student only gets three attempts to appear in the JEE Main Examination.
- This time, there will be no application form correction facility in JEE Main Application Forms Procedure.
- Admission in JEE Mains will only be provided in1st Year, there will be no lateral entry scheme through JEE Main Exam.
- You can only fill and submit JEE Main 2017 Application Form through online mode.
- Candidates who are currently studying or have passed 12th class or its equivalent can fill JEE Main Application Form 2017.
- Students must have to score at least 75% (65% for SC/ST Category) in their 12th Class (qualifying examination) to get admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs and all other CFTIs.
JEE Main 2017 – Aadhar Card is Compulsory to Fill Application Form
Students need to keep in mind that they must have their Aadhar Number to apply for JEE Main 2017 Exam. If don’t have aadhar card or details in your aadhar card are incorrect, you don’t have to worry as we have provided answers to these basic question here below.
- While Filling JEE Main 2017 Application Form, Students will have to enter their Aadhar Number, Date of Birth, Name, Gender. The system will also verify this information from UIDAI data that was submitted in Aadhar Card.
- Students can use one of these in the Application Form – Aadhar Number, Aadhar Enrolment Number, Registration Number issued by CBSE Facilitation Center.
- If any student have passed or appearing in 12th Class examination form Assam/Meghalaya/J&K, then you will have to enter your Ration Card Number, Passport Number, Bank Account Number or any other valid government identity number provided you select the exam center in these states only.
JEE Main 2017 Important Dates
Students who are interested in appearing in JEE Main 2017 exam, we suggest you keep these important dates in mind.
|Official Notification for JEE Main 2017 Exam will be released on||November 2016|
|Commencement of JEE Main 2017 Application Form filling process||1st December 2016|
|Last Date to Submit JEE Main 2017 Online Application Form||2nd January 2017|
|Last Date to Pay the JEE Main 2017 Application Fee through Credit/Debit Card||3rd January 2017|
|Last Date of Pay Application Form Fee through E-Challan||January 2017|
|Availability of JEE Main 2017 Admit Card||March 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Offline Exam (Pen & Paper Based)||2nd April 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Online Examination (Computer Based Test)||8th & 9th April 2017|
|Availability of JEE Main 2017 Answer Key||April 2017|
|Challenge Against JEE Main Answer Key 2016 will be accepted||April 2017|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2017 Result||27th April 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Counselling Will Begin from||First Week of July 2017|
JEE Main 2017 Application Form Fee
To Complete the registration process, students will have to pay JEE Main 2017 Application Form Fee. Students need to keep in mind that application fee can be paid either through online mode or through offline mode. Application Fee is non refundable. Students can check the JEE Main 2017 Application Fee for different categories mentioned in the table given below.
|Papers||Offline examination||Online examination|
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper I & II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I & II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The students who are interested in JEE Main Exam should check the JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria before they fill the application form. Students can check the JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria mentioned below.
Age Limit: The Students must have born on or after 1st October 1992 for General Category Students and 1st October 1987 for reserved category students.
Educational Qualification: The students who want to apply for this exam must have qualified higher secondary exam or its equivalent either in 2015 or 2016 (Students who are appearing can also apply).
- Students must have scored 50% in aggregation of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The Students must have 5 minimum subjects in their 12th class.
- Students can only attempt JEE Main Examination for 3 attempts.
- Students who are diploma holders (3 years) can also apply for JEE Main 2017 Exam.
JEE Main 2017 – Signature, Photograph and Thumb Impression
Students are suggested to specifically follow all the instructions given by CBSE for Signature, Photograph and thumb impression. Let’s take an example, all images should be in specified format i.e. JPEG. In addition, their size and dimensions should be as per the given instructions. You can check all the instruction mentioned below
- Students need to upload image of size 3.6 cms (width) x 4.5 cms (height).
- Size of the image file should be between 4 kb and 40 kb.
- Students need to upload image of size 3.5 cms (lenght) x 1.5 cms (height).
- Size of the image file should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
- Dimension of Image filed students need to upload is 3.5 cms (length) x 1.5 cms (height).
- Size of the image file should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
JEE Main 2017 – Details to be filled in Application Form
Students will have to fill each date one by one in JEE Main 2017 Application Form. To begin with, when you will click on Apply online, a set of instructions will be displayed on your screen. Regardless of the fact that you have already read the information brochure issued by CBSE, we strongly recommend that you should go through the online instructions once again. More information about this is given below.
How to Get JEE Main 2017 Application Form Number
After you are done with submitting some of the preliminary details in the application form for JEE Main 2017 Exam, you will receive JEE Main 2017 Application Form Number. You will have to set password. We suggest that you note both these details carefully i.e. application form number and password.
What If you Forgot JEE Main 2017 Application Form Number
Okay, sometimes this happens too. So no need to panic if you have forgotten your JEE Main 2017 Application Form Number, you can easily recover it online. You need to follow the step by step procedure given below.
- On the log in page, Click on “I Can’t Access My Account”.
- Now click on “I Forgot my application number”.
- A web page will be displayed where students will have to fill up other details to retrieve application form number. Specifically in this case, students will have to enter Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth and state of eligibility.
- Now click on “Submit” button.
- You will now get your application number.
What If you Forgot JEE main 2017 Password
Okay, This happens too. In this event also, you can retrieve your JEE Main 2017 Password in a very similar way as described for retrieving application form number.
- Go to log in page and click on “I Can’t Access My Account”.
- Click on “I Forgot My Password”.
- Now students can choose to get password using either “Verification Code Via SMS”, or “Reset Link Via E-Mail”, or “Security Question”.
- Now if you are gonna select Reset Password through verification code, students will be asked to fill up their application form number and date of birth. You will be able to retrieve your password through SMS.
- If you opt to get password through “Reset Link via E-Mail”. Now you will have to Fill up your Application Number and Date of Birth to get reset link in their mailbox.
- Lastly, you can choose security question option. Here you will have to answer the security question your chose at the time of registration.
How to Fill JEE Main 2017 Application Form
Students who want to apply for JEE Main 2016 can follow the step by step procedure for how to fill JEE Main 2017 Application Form from official website.
- First of all, Students will have to log on to official web portal of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2017 i.e jeemain.nic.in
- Now Students will find “Apply for JEE (Main)-2017” button on the bottom of the home page of official website designed for this purpose.
- A Clarification for Requirement of Aadhar Card will pop up. Read the information carefully and then close the pop up.
- Now you will be redirected to a new web page where you will find “Apply for JEE (Main) – 2017” button. Click on it.
- On next web page, Students will find instruction to fill the application form. We suggest students go through these on screen instructions. Then check the I have read all the instruction options ans click on “PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE” button.
- Enter all the required information carefully and then click on “Submit” button.
- In Next Step, Students will be asked to upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression. Then click on “Submit” button.
- Pay the Application Form Fee Online or Offline.
- Save your JEE Main 2017 Application Form in pdf format file.
- Take a print out of application form for future reference.
Stay tuned with us for more updates.
If students are having any kind of doubts or queries about JEE Main 2017 Application Form, you can discuss with our expert team via comments section given below.